A safe work environment pays, in many ways
Insurance is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to costs associated with injuries and illness in the workplace.
The real cost to employers is much greater, causing:
- Production losses
- Wages for work not performed
- Damage to equipment or machinery
- Hiring and training of new employees
- Decline in product quality
- High turnover
- Poor worker morale
Did you know…
Safety and wellness programs (such as CSI STARS Safety program) are designed to reduce workers’ compensation insurance rates, decrease overall injury expenses and create a culture of safety across the organization.
Traditional approaches to safety are usually reactive – that is, problems are fixed after an employee is injured or becomes sick.
Wouldn’t you rather find and fix hazards before they cause injury or illness?
Here’s how we do it:
1. CSISTARS customizes each Safety program from scratch to meet the unique needs of our clients AND account for differences that can exist across multiple sites.
Many organizations still have manual processes for reporting “near misses” and completing accident reports. CSI STARS platform simplifies these tasks, encouraging and rewarding employees for reporting issues and making process improvement suggestions.
2. Points are allocated to employees who participate and make suggestions which benefit their site, the business unit and/or the company as a whole. Employees redeem these points for popular merchandise, sports tickets, travel, time off and more.
3. The CSISTARS Safety program allows managers to publicly thank employees for their suggestions, broadcast safety goals and track a site’s progress and results. This has made for friendly competition while sharing important learnings and safety practices across multiple sites.
4. Employers can poll the workforce anonymously on a topic of safety. This can take the form of a quiz to gain insights into areas of concern. Employees who complete the quiz receive points that can be redeemed immediately or saved up for a bigger purchase.
Case Study: Read how CSI STARS increased near miss reporting by 900% and lowered recognition and injury-related costs for a manufacturing client.
Safety Pays for Everyone
Organizations that operate with a culture of safety are an asset to their communities, operate more efficiently and have employees who do the right things (even when no one is watching).
Organizations with proactive health and safety programs:
- Have more satisfied and productive workers
- Produce better quality products and services
- Have employees who return to work more quickly after an injury or illness
- Exhibit a more loyal workforce
- Report more “near misses”
- Have fewer workplace injuries and illnesses
- Show improved compliance with laws and regulations
- Benefit from reductions in workers’ compensation premiums
- Demonstrate increased productivity
- Are just simply better places to work
Show you care and so will your employees. Want to learn how CSI STARS safety program can deliver better financial results and a better place to work? Contact us for a short personal demo.